Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Uh huh, That's Right The Sequel


As I wrote in an earlier entry, from the first day the new modem arrived, it had problems with connectivity. My spouse solved his problem by mainlining the internet via ethernet needle. I had to reboot the modem everyday. His resentment of the momentary withdrawal to his chronic usage was growing. One day, he held off my reboot while he leveled up on a game. I went to bed before I got to check my Facebook. I had had enough. It was time for some new house rules. Since he works part time, I thought he would be willing to call the provider and work it out. Temper. Temper. He refused and told me it was my computer and my problem. Ok, I will own that one. As I was dialing, he suggests quite firmly on what I am to do, say and allow the techogeek to do while assisting me. Hmmm...what to do? What would the Supernanny do?
Staying calm and in control while your child learns his boundaries is key, and it helps to be consistent in the way you discipline him. The naughty mat is used on the show when you're out and about and your child's behavior becomes unreasonable...
 Staying calm, I asked him if he wanted to make this call? Uh huh, that's right, he did not, so perhaps he would like to remain quiet? Placed right firmly on the naughty cushion he was. Now I need to see how Jo deals with bad language.

No comments:

Post a Comment