Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ending My Membership



Maybe I am hateful...

I went to our video store to rent a movie. Was going to have a big bowl of cereal and a movie for a carbohydrate let down to the fight. I'm standing behind a woman with a stack of movies and CD's. The cashier next door invites me to come over to her. She takes my movie. As I move around the displays to the cashier, I find another woman ahead of me. And the cashier takes her first. This was not a quick sale. The woman wants to prepurchase a movie. I notice the woman with the multiple movies and CD's is now leaving the store. Then I notice a young man behind her (or the place I just had) is now leaving the store. My cashier says lamely, 'I'm sorry.' I take my movie and return to the first line muttering, 'I can't believe this. I can't believe this.' Except now the first cashier is helping someone on the other side of the cash register while I stand there and invites that customer to come ahead of me. Arggghhhh. I left the movie and left the store.


I must have some victim pheromones. Things like this happen a lot to me. I get abused, disrespected, taken advantage of and when I complain, somehow I'm wrong, out of control, nuts, a church lady, a bitch, anything but RIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment