Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Reflections


Living well is the best revenge against an abusive co-worker. I originally tore up her crappy little note, but had second thoughts. I carefully taped the pieces back together and made several copies of it. Revenge office-style requires patience, delicacy and careful planning. I knew somehow I could use it against her. I didn't want to appear unhinged or mentally deranged. It would do no good to go to my supervisor. Nothing would be done. 

Nothing was done about her very loud verbal attack on me or the resulting hospitalization. I posted her crappy little note over my desk. When I came in the next morning, it was gone. I put up another one. Under it I had a post it note with these words. 'I have endless copies'. The second one didn't disappear until midmorning. I put up a third one. Later that afternoon she was dealing with my bestie when she saw the note. She stopped in midsentence, speechless, then turned and muttered something about wishing our supervisor would do something about me. I chuckled. I fist pumped a silent woo-woo! It felt good to get a little back. I took down the sign. It was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment